This article outlines steps to take if you're having trouble downloading Shift on Mac/Windows.
1. Check your antivirus software
Some over-eager antivirus software will sometimes flag Shift as being dangerous in error! Check any built-in or third-party antivirus software you might have installed on your computer, and look for any threat reports for Shift. Mark Shift as safe, if possible, and try downloading once again. You may need to temporarily disable the software to get the download to work.
If you do see any flags, please send over a screenshot to our support team so we can reach out to the provider to help get Shift whitelisted!
2. Check your network or firewall settings
If you have a network or firewall, you may need to allow certain traffic through for Shift to work properly. Check out the whitelisting URLs listed in this article, and adjust your network traffic and firewall settings accordingly!
4. Check your system preferences (Mac users)
Apple has implemented some extra security measures on apps that you download from the internet outside of its app store. Try the steps outlined below:
- Open your System Preferences
- Go to Security and Privacy
- Go to General and click on the lock in the bottom left-hand corner to make changes. You'll see a note that says "Shift was blocked from opening because it is not from an identified developer"
- Unlock the lock and "Open Anyway". Then re-lock the lock
5. Make sure you've downloaded the correct version (Mac users)
For Mac users, there is an intel (x64) version and an apple silicon (M1/Arm64) version. The version of Shift you install depends on your computer's chip architecture. To check your chip architecture:
- Click the Apple logo in the left corner of your Mac's top-bar
- Select "About this Mac"
- You should see either "Apple M1" (Apple Silicon) or "Intel"
- Download the appropriate version according to your chip architecture
6. Check your security settings (Windows user)
When you download Shift in Windows, you may come across an error message saying "Search for app in the Store".
Try the steps outlined below to install Shift on your Windows device:
- Open Windows Defender
- Go to App & browser control
- Click on Reputation-based protection and try turning off Potentially unwanted app blocking
- Try downloading Shift and launching it again to see if it works. If it does, you can turn the security settings back on
Still need help? Reach out to our support team!