Have trouble with downloading or uploading files or attachments in Shift v8? We've got you covered! Continue reading for 5 quick solutions you can try to resolve file and attachment issues in Shift. 📎
There is currently a known issue with file and attachment uploads. Read more here.
Shift will need system access to be able to download files to your computer. If you're on Mac, here's how to check:
- Choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Privacy and Security.
- Select Full Disk Access
- Look for the Shift app and toggle it on
- If you don’t see the Shift app, click the Add (+) button at the bottom of the list and add Shift
Shift will need system access to be able to download files to your computer. If you're on Windows, here's how to check:
- Go to Start > Settings > Privacy > File system
- Ensure "Allow apps to access your file system" is toggled on
- Check if Shift is toggled on under "Choose which apps can access your file system"
Change your default download location to something that doesn't require a password or special permission (your downloads folder or desktop are good options).
- Go to Options (lower left) > Settings > Advanced > Downloads
- Click Change next to Location at the top of the screen
4. Hard refresh
If your downloads are unresponsive or stuck, press Cmd Shift R or Ctrl Shift R on your keyboard to hard refresh Shift.
- Go to Options (lower left) > Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data
- Choose basic, ensure all items are ticked, and select All time as the Time range at the top
Some browser extensions may prevent certain files from downloading. Check for any notifications from your extensions and disable any that may be preventing your downloads from completing. Head here to learn how to manage and disable a Chrome extension in Shift.
Still need help? Our support team's got you covered! Contact them here.