This article will walk you through:
- What a Primary Shift Account is
- How to determine what Primary account you're signed into Shift with
- How to change your Primary to a different email in Shift.
What is a Primary Shift Account?
Your Primary Shift Account is the email that's tied to your Shift account and is the main email you used to sign into Shift. The email you first use to sign in to Shift will automatically be set as your Primary. You can use any Gmail/GSuite (hosted by Google) or Outlook.com/Office 365 (hosted by Microsoft, non-exchange accounts) for your Primary.
The password you use to sign in to Shift is the exact same password you would use to log into your email. There is no separate password for your Shift account!
How to find out what your Primary Shift Account is
Your Primary Shift account will always have the words Primary Shift Account underneath it when you hover your mouse over it in your sidebar. Your Primary account is always the account at the top of your list:
How to change your Primary Shift Account
If you'd like to transfer your subscription to a different Primary account, you'll need to submit a ticket to our Support team and include the following information:
- The old email that's associated with your Shift subscription
- The new email you'd like to transfer your subscription over to
- Proof of payment in the form of either the last 4 digits of the credit card used to purchase your subscription or a copy of your receipt
- Our team will transfer your subscription over to your new account (your existing account will get deleted in the process)
During the transfer process, your existing Shift setup will get deleted. If you need, you can export any passwords you saved in the Shift browser, along with any bookmarks you've added from your existing account:
Recent domain change or issues changing your Primary Shift Account? Read here.