This article will walk you through:
- What a Primary Shift Account is
- How to determine what Primary account you're signed into Shift with
- How to change your Primary to a different email in Shift
What is a Primary Shift Account?
Your Primary Shift Account is the email that's tied to your Shift account and is the main email you used to sign into Shift. The email you first use to sign in to Shift will automatically be set as your Primary. You can use any Gmail/GSuite (hosted by Google) or Outlook.com/Office 365 (hosted by Microsoft, non-exchange accounts) for your Primary.
The password you use to sign in to Shift is the exact same password you would use to log into your email. There is no separate password for your Shift account!
How to find out what your Primary Shift Account is
Your Primary Shift account will always have the words Primary Shift Account underneath it when you hover your mouse over it in your sidebar. Your Primary account is always the account at the top of your list:
If you'd like to transfer your subscription to a different Primary account, you'll need to provide some information and complete a few simple steps:
- The old email that's associated with your Shift subscription
- The new email you'd like to transfer your subscription over to
- Proof of payment in the form of either the last 4 digits of the credit card used to purchase your subscription or a copy of your receipt
- Export any passwords saved in the Shift browser (these will not automatically transfer). Click here for a quick guide on how to export passwords.
- Take note of any opened web tabs and save them as bookmarks if they are important (opened tabs will close and not transfer)
- Sign out of Shift and remain on the main sign-in page after doing so (DO NOT sign in again). Click here for instructions on how to sign out.
After confirming the above, our team will complete the transfer shortly after. During the transfer process, your existing Workspaces and bookmark bars will be intact. You'll just need to sign back into all your accounts again and add back and sign into any Chrome extensions you were using.
Recent domain change or issues changing your Primary Shift Account? Read here.