Wondering how to add a chrome extension to your Shift setup? Or curious about how extensions work in Shift? You’ve found the place!
Shift v8 has full Chrome extension support! Extensions are available to paid users. Extensions are global, meaning you can sign in to your extensions once and access them everywhere in Shift. Multiple accounts for the same extension? Just sign out and sign into the other account to access. Continue reading and watch our video at the bottom of the article for a complete guide on how to add, sign in to, and remove extensions from Shift v8. 🔥
v8 Extensions are global 🌎
This means signing into an extension in Shift v8 applies to all your added emails and apps. Sign into your spell checker, ad-blocker, and password manager extensions and access them everywhere in Shift. If you have multiple accounts for the same extension, you'll just need to sign out and sign back in to use your other account. Our Development team is investigating how Shift might be able to handle multiple extension accounts in the future. Be sure to check back here for the latest updates!
How to add an extension to Shift v8
- Open v8 and click on the extension icon towards the upper right corner
- In the drop-down, click on the "+" to add a new extension
- Search for the extension name in the search bar on the right-hand side
- Once you find the right extension, click on it and then click "Add to Shift"
- Once the extension has finished installing, a new tab should open automatically, prompting you to log in
- If a new tab does not open, click on the extension icon again, click on the extension, and then log in
- In case the extension doesn't appear for you right away, double-click on your email icon (top-right corner, next to your calendar and drive icons). Doing this will help ensure the extension fully loads and allow you to log in!
How to manage and remove added extensions
You can view all extensions added to Shift by clicking on the extension icon in the upper right corner. To manage your extensions, go to Options (bottom left corner) > Settings > Extensions.
Click Details for more information about the extension. Click on the slider next to an extension you wish to disable. Click Remove to delete:
Find more v8 resources, here.
Encounter a new issue or have a question you can’t find the answer to? Get in touch with our Support team, here.