Need to get rid of all the distractions for any period of time or during meetings? When enabled, the Mute Notifications tool will pause desktop notification popups and most notification sounds. Learn how to use it below!
The Mute Notifications tool allows you to:
- Temporarily disable email, calendar, and app notifications (or a select combination of the 3)
- Temporarily mute notification and most playback sounds
- Automatically mute notifications when you're in a meeting (detects via your added email account calendars)
How to enable the Mute Notifications tool
- Click on "Options" (3 little horizontal dots in the lower-left corner of Shift)
- Click the bell icon ("Notifications")
- Select your muting preferences
When you turn on Mute notifications during meetings setting at the top, your notifications will automatically be paused for the duration of meetings scheduled in any one of your added email account calendars.
You may continue to hear notification sounds from some apps, even when Mute Notifications is turned on (Slack, WhatsApp, and Messenger are a few examples of when this will occur). To avoid this, we recommend adjusting your settings directly within those apps.
Looking for app-specific notification management? More on that here.
Encounter a new issue or have a question you can’t find the answer to? Get in touch with our Support team, here.