Were you previously on Shift v7 and recently updated to v8? Continue reading for everything you need to know to help you get started with Shift v8! Watch the walkthrough video at the bottom of this article, highlighting the differences between v7 and v8. 🌈
If you're thinking about updating to v8 or just did, here are a few noteworthy things to help you get started:
- Your added emails and apps will be intact, but you will need to log into each again
- Any opened/pinned web tabs in v7 will not be transferred over to v8
- Workspaces will not appear in v8 (but will soon). If you want to continue using Workspaces, please read this
- You'll need to add back your Chrome extensions. Learn how here
- If you chose not to automate your setup, you can manually import browser bookmarks and settings and import passwords
- Some features you're used to in v7 may be different or not yet available in v8. Head here for the v8 roadmap
There are a few noteworthy changes in v8, including new features and enhancements. Below is a quick summary of what's new:
- Performance enhancements and better resource utilization
- Enhanced security and other settings
- Native Mac M1 support
- Full Chrome extension support
- Global bookmarks: add bookmarks from anywhere within Shift
- The Quick Switcher tool: toggle to previously-opened tabs, email accounts, and apps
- Downloads management
- ... and MORE!
Check out more v8 resources here.
Encounter a new issue or have a question you can’t find the answer to? Get in touch with our Support team, here.