If you're noticing that you're constantly being prompted by Shift (every day or more) to update to the newest version, this is typically an indication that the update is not installing successfully. For context, a new update is released on average, once every 2-3 weeks. Keep reading for how to fix this!
You should only be prompted to update Shift once every 2-3 weeks. With the exception of following bigger releases, they may come more often in that case.
How do I fix the daily update prompts?
To install the update successfully (thus resolving the daily update prompts), do the following:
- Click Options (lower left corner of your screen) > Settings > Downloads > Toggle "Ask where to save each file before downloading" OFF
- Scroll up and click "Check for Updates"
- Install the update
If you've completed the above and are still stuck in the update loop, download the latest version of Shift directly from the website.
- Uninstall Shift from your computer. Here's how to uninstall for Mac & Windows users.
- Download and install the latest version directly from the tryshift.com website
- Log in with the correct Primary Shift account email
Learn more answers to frequently asked questions here.
Learn about more settings and Shift tips here.
Need some technical assistance? Head to our Help & FAQ section.