Need some help navigating between tabs? This article will teach you the ins and outs of our new quick switcher!
The Quick Switcher is a feature net new to v8 that allows you to revert back to any previously opened app or web tab. This browsing tool makes multitasking easier and puts context-switching between apps and web tabs at your fingertips.
The Quick Switcher tool lives to the left side of the v8 browser bar and looks like two stacked horizontal arrows going in opposite directions
Here's how to use the Quick Switcher
- Click the Quick Switcher icon
- Use your mouse or up/down arrow keys to toggle to a previously-opened app, email account, or web tab
See below for a quick GIF of this tool in action.👇
Want to use the Quick Switcher with Keyboard Shortcuts? Here's how:
- Press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard (Mac and Windows alike).
- Activate the Quick Switcher by pressing the Tab key.
- Press the Tab key to toggle downwards (forwards) until you have successfully found your desired tab.
To go your previous tab using the Quick Switcher:
- Press and hold the Ctrl+Shift keys
- Press the Tab key to navigate upwards (back) through your tabs
Watch the keyboard keys in the video below see the quick switcher keyboard shortcut in action! Note the direction of scrolling through tabs when using the different shortcuts.
Find more v8 resources, here.
Encounter a new issue or have a question you can’t find the answer to? Get in touch with our Support team, here.