Are you having an issue with Shift's access to your camera, microphone, screen sharing, or other permissions or are you wondering how to customize or change your permissions? You can control and customize permissions for all the items you've added to your sidebar. Often, permission is also needed at the operating system level so Shift has access. Continue reading for our quick tips for permissions. 😎
If you're using Shift on multiple computers, you will need to check the settings below on each. Learn more about using Shift on multiple computers here.
1. Check Shift's permissions on your computer
Make sure Shift has the appropriate permissions in your system preferences. Without them, Shift won't be able to display desktop notifications. You can check your system permissions by operating system, below:
2. Check your email and app permissions in Shift
Your permission preferences for each sidebar item in Shift are local to your computer. Each time you change your permissions they will be saved for the computer you're using it on. Click here if you're using Shift on multiple computers. You can change permissions for your emails, apps, and websites anytime:
- Click into an email, app, or an opened web tab
- Click on the Lock symbol to the left of the search bar at the top of Shift (Omnibox)
- On the drop-down, click Site Settings
- Toggle the drop-down on the right-hand side, and select Allow/Block for each permission as desired
3. Hard refresh Shift
While changing your permissions should take immediate effect, sometimes a hard refresh is needed. You can hard refresh Shift by pressing Cmd Shift R or Ctrl Shift R on your keyboard.
4. Check additional troubleshooting methods
We have more resources for basic troubleshooting available! Check them out below:
Still need help? Get in touch with our Support team, here.