Are you a Jira user and want to be able to use the app in Shift? Here is a summary of how to add Jira to your setup and manage it in Shift!
Jira, at its core, is a bug and issue tracker software that has evolved into a work management and test case management tool within the software development industry. Jira gives you the ability to plan how your team deals with bugs, track issues that are high-priority, systematically release bug fixes, and create reports so your team can reflect on their performance. At Shift, we have been using Jira to keep track of all the pesky bugs and amazing feature requests in our great userbase reports. Therefore, it was an easy decision to support Jira in Shift.
How to use the Jira app
You can add the Jira app within Shift so that it shows directly in your sidebar. Here's how:
- Click on the "+" in the lower-left corner and select "Add Application"
- Tap on the search bar to type "Jira"
- Enter your work domain that is registered on Jira
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Jira' added to the Shift sidebar
- Log in to your Jira account and start reporting those pesky bugs
Pro Tip: To learn what your company's registered domain on Jira is just look at the link that you use to access Jira on a regular browser (For example: https://redbrickmedia.atlassian.net - the company domain is redbrickmedia).
Read more guides for Shift here.