Are you a Zoom user and want to be able to use the app in Shift? Here is a summary of how to add Zoom to your setup and manage it in Shift!
Zoom is a cloud-based video communication software that allows you to host virtual video and audio conferences; with the ability to have live chats, breakout rooms, screen sharing, and use other collaborative features. With our world Shift(ing) to this new virtual age, Zoom has become an integral part of our work and personal life. We want our users to be able to connect with their teams, families, and friends seamlessly through Zoom, hence we have the Zoom app and extension within Shift so you can always stay connected.
How to use the Zoom app
You can add the Zoom app within Shift so that it shows directly in your sidebar. Here's how:
- Click on the "+" in the lower-left corner and select "Add Application"
- Tap on the search bar to type "Zoom"
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Zoom' added to the Shift sidebar
- Log in to your Zoom account and start hosting virtual meetings
Add multiple Zoom apps to access all your different Zoom accounts. To learn more, read this article.
Ensure that you provide access to Microphone and Camera when prompted to use them within Zoom
How to use the Zoom Scheduler extension
You can add the Zoom Scheduler extension to schedule meetings in advance directly from Google Calendar. Here's how:
1. Go to 'Options' and select 'Settings'
2. Click on the Extensions tab and scroll to find Zoom Scheduler
3. Tap on the toggle button to activate it
Pro Tip: Zoom Scheduler extension is only to schedule future Zoom meetings from within Google Calendar
Known issues with Zoom within Shift
- The Zoom Scheduler extension does not work and support the Outlook/Office365 Calendar
- The Zoom app within Shift does not support features like the screen-sharing feature. This is because The Zoom app in Shift is the same as the web version of Zoom which is different than the regular Zoom app.
Read more guides for Shift here.