Are you a Google Calendar user and want to be able to use the app in Shift? Here is a summary of how to add Google Calendar to your setup and manage it in Shift!
Google Calendar is a time-management and scheduling calendar service developed by Google. You can use Google Calendar to create events, tasks, meetings, keep track of your to-do list, and set reminders for yourself. Calendar is also designed keeping in mind countless teams out there, so it’s easy to share your schedule with others and create multiple calendars that you and your team can use together. To learn more about Google Calendar, please click here.
How to use the built-in Calendar feature in an added email account
By default, your calendar service is available for each email account you add in Shift:
- Add Gmail account to Shift
- Open the email by clicking on it in the sidebar
- Click on the Google Calendar logo on the top right
How to use the Google Calendar app
The other option is to add your Google Calendar app within Shift so that it shows directly in your sidebar. Here's how:
- Click on the "+" in the lower-left corner and select "Add Application"
- Tap on the search bar to type "Google Calendar"
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Google Calendar' added to the Shift sidebar.
- Log in to your Google account and start creating tasks and reminders for yourself!
Add multiple Google Calendar apps to access all your different Calendar. To learn more, read this article.
Tip: there isn't a right or wrong way to use Google Calendar within Shift! It all depends on your prefereces and what you prefer 😉
There are a few known issues with Google Calendar within Shift that our QA team is working hard to fix:
- Google Calendar notifications do not work according to the set preferences for some users. Some users who have disabled notifications still get notified and some users who have their notifications on, do not get notified.
Read more guides for Shift here.