Google Calendar is a time-management and scheduling calendar service developed by Google. You can use Google Calendar to create events, tasks, and meetings, keep track of your to-do list, and set reminders for yourself. You can also share your schedule with others and create multiple calendars that you and your team can use together. To learn more about Google Calendar, please click here.
How does Google Calendar work in Shift?
There are two ways to use Google calendar in Shift:
1. Using the built-in calendar feature
2. Adding Google Calendar as a standalone app in your Shift sidebar
How to use the built-in calendar feature
Whenever you add a Gmail (or Microsoft) account to Shift, your calendar is automatically added. Access this calendar via the calendar button in the top right corner of your screen.
- Add a Gmail account to Shift
- Open the email by clicking on it in the sidebar
- Click on the Google Calendar logo on the top right
Using the Google Calendar app in your sidebar
You can add the app directly to your Shift sidebar. Here's how:
- Click on the "+" in the lower-left corner and select "Add Application"
- Tap on the search bar to type "Google Calendar"
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Google Calendar' added to the Shift sidebar.
- Log in to your Google account.
If you're managing multiple Google Calendars, you can add all of them to the Shift sidebar. To learn more, read this article.
IMPORTANT: When adding a Google app to your sidebar, you'll automatically be signed into that app with whatever Google account is associated with your Primary Shift account. If you'd like to sign in to that app with a different Google account, do the following:
- Add a second Google Calendar app to your sidebar (do not delete the first one)
- Sign into the second Google Calendar app with the desired Google account
- Delete the first Google Calendar app
- Google Calendar notifications do not work according to the set preferences for some users. Some users who have disabled notifications still get notified and some users who have their notifications on, do not get notified.
Read more guides for Shift here.