Are you a LinkedIn user and want to be able to use the app in Shift? Here is a summary of how to add LinkedIn to your setup and manage it in Shift!
LinkedIn is the world's largest professional networking website. You can use LinkedIn to find the right job or internship, connect and strengthen professional relationships, and learn the skills you need to succeed in your career. To learn more about LinkedIn, please click here.
How to add LinkedIn to your Shift setup
Shift uses the browser/web version of LinkedIn and offers the same functionality. Here's how to add LinkedIn to your Shift setup:
- Click on the "+" in the lower-left corner and select "Add Application"
- Tap on the search bar to type "LinkedIn"
- Click on 'Save' and find 'LinkedIn' added to the Shift sidebar.
- Log in to your LinkedIn account and start building connections!
Add multiple LinkedIn apps for your personal profile and your business' profile.
LinkedIn has an amazing feature where you can create job alerts to stay updated with new job postings that match your preferences. You can choose whether you want to receive these alerts on a daily or weekly basis through email.
To create a job alert:
- Search for a job on LinkedIn.
- At the top left of the job search results page, switch the Job alert toggle to On to create a job alert for your current search criteria.
- Switch the toggle to Off to turn off the job alert.
- In the Create search alert pop-up, select how often you'd like to receive alerts about new jobs on LinkedIn that fit those specific search parameters from the Receive alert dropdown.
- Select how you’d like to get notified from the Get notified via dropdown.
- Click Save.
Now looking for a job is easier than ever!
While you are on LinkedIn, feel free to give Shift a follow! Doing so will ensure you're kept up to date with the latest features, blog posts, as well as hiring information.
Shift's LinkedIn profile, here.
- LinkedIn Desktop notifications are currently not working on the latest version of Shift. You’ll still continue to see badges for notifications, but desktop popups aren’t available.
Read more guides for Shift here.