Your sidebar is where everything lives! Customize the photos and colors displayed for your emails, add helpful descriptions, and change the style of the sidebar itself. Check out our quick tips below to make your sidebar work for you! 🤩
How to change your sidebar style
Shift has three options for your sidebar style: Compact, Standard, and Expanded. To change your sidebar style, simply right-click on the "+" in the lower-left corner and select the style you want.
How to change your theme
Learn how to change your theme here.
How to change your email display settings
- Head to Options (lower left) > Settings > Accounts
- Click the ">" to expand your account settings
- Type in an account name. This name will appear below your email address when you hover your mouse over them or fully display if your sidebar style is set to Expanded
- Click the Change Color icon on the right-hand side to change the border color for your account
- Click the Change Photo icon on the right-hand side to upload a custom photo for your account
Note: If you already have a photo set in your email settings, Shift will grab that photo and display it for you in the sidebar automatically. If you want to see a different photo in your sidebar, upload a photo! If you don't have a photo set in your email settings, your email will appear with a letter (the first letter of your email address) in a colored circle.
How to change your app display settings
- Right-click on any app in your sidebar and select "Edit" to open the Edit Application menu
- Choose a color and set an account name
When you set a name, this name will appear when you hover your mouse over the app in Compact and Standard views, and display fully when in Expanded view.
Learn about more tooltips and tricks here.