Are you a Discord user and want to be able to use the app in Shift? Here is a summary of how to add Discord to your setup and manage it in Shift!
Discord is a collaboration app where users communicate with voice calls, video calls, text messaging, media, and files in private chats or as part of communities called “servers”. The Discord web application is available in Shift for any Shift Advanced user. For more information about the features available on Discord, click here.
How to Add Discord to Shift
- Open Shift and click on the plus sign in the bottom left-hand corner
- Click on 'Add Application'
- Tap on the search bar to type 'Discord'
- Select 'Discord', add your preferred account name and preferred account colour
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Discord' added to the Shift sidebar
If you use multiple Discord accounts or want to create an additional one, Shift gives you the power to access all of your accounts at the same time. Just follow the same steps in this video to log into your additional accounts by adding more Discord accounts to your Shift sidebar.
- While in Discord, click the little lock icon to the left of your top screen search bar.
- Click on Site Settings
- From here you can toggle your notifications and or badges on/off
After turning off your desktop notifications for Discord, you may still continue to hear custom notification sounds from the Discord app. To choose what you get notifications about on Discord please refer to this article here.
Is there a difference between the Discord Desktop app and the Discord app in Shift?
Shift currently supports the web version of the Discord application. The web and desktop versions of Discord have a lot of features in common. However, the experience does differ with some features. The Push to Talk feature is limited in the web version. It will only work when the Discord app has focus in Shift.
For more guides, click here.
Get in touch with our support team here.