Wondering what data gets saved when you log out of Shift? Keep reading here!
The majority of data for Shift is stored locally on your computer. This is designed on purpose to help ensure maximum security! Shift is as secure as your computer is. Some data, however, is sent to and stored on Shift's servers, allowing you to access the same features even if you get logged out (local data cleared) or want to use Shift on another computer. Opened web tabs and pinned tabs are stored locally! See more below 👇🌈
Data that gets sent to Shift's servers and gets saved regardless of if you get logged out of your Primary Shift Account or access your account on another computer includes:
- The email accounts and apps, you've added to your setup
Most of the data in Shift is stored locally on your computer and gets cleared if you log out of your Primary Shift Account or access your Shift account on another computer. This includes:
- Added Chrome extensions
- Saved/imported passwords and Bookmarks
- Shift browser settings (link opening preferences, permissions, etc.)
- Browsing history
- Opened web tabs and pinned tabs
- Data that keep you logged into your accounts
- The order your email accounts and apps in your sidebar
This means, that if you ever get logged out of your Primary Shift Account or want to use Shift on another computer, this data will not be accessible.
Learn more about the Shift browser here.