Having an issue with your desktop notifications in Shift? We're here to help! Check out our quick tips and tricks below to help get things sorted 👇
1. Check your global settings
Check your global desktop and sound notification settings in Shift. Go to Options (lower left) > Settings > General > Functionality > scroll to find Show notifications (for desktop pop-ups) and Play notification sound (for the sounds that accompany those desktop pop-ups).
Tip: The play notification sound setting does not control custom app sounds! If you turn this setting off, you may continue to hear notification sounds from some apps. To avoid that, head into the individual app and toggle the notification sound preferences within. Once you do that, Shift will honor those preferences.
Note: The global setting controls desktop notifications and sounds for all Workspaces. Read more about Workspace notification management here.
2. Check your individual account and app settings
To check your individual email account notification settings, go to Options (lower-left) > Settings > Accounts. Click to expand each account and ensure your notification settings are properly set.
To check your individual app notification settings, go to Options (lower-left) > Settings > Apps > Installed Apps (along the top). Toggle your notification preferences for each app on this page.
For any email or messaging style apps, we recommend turning off auto-hibernate to ensure you always get notifications for new messages. Learn more about app notification management here.
3. Check your system permissions (Mac)
To ensure your desktop notifications are turned on at an OS level on your Mac computer, follow the steps below:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Notifications
- Select Shift in the left column
- To enable desktop notifications, select Banners
3. Check your system permissions (Windows)
To ensure your desktop notifications are turned on at an OS level on your Windows computer, follow the steps below:
- Type Notifications in your windows search bar and open Notifications & actions settings
- Scroll to find Shift under the Get notifications from these senders heading and ensure the setting is enabled
Learn about managing notifications for emails here.
Learn how to use the Mute Notifications feature here.
Get in touch with our support team here.