Having an issue with one of your apps in Shift? Have no fear, our 4 quick troubleshooting tips are here! 😃 Just start at the top and work your way down the list. Keep in mind that Shift supported web versions of all apps. There may be differences in features and functionality if you normally use the app via a desktop app or on your mobile device!
Is your issue with an extension? Check this article instead.
1. Reload the page
Click the Reload button towards the upper left corner of the app to refresh the page.
2. Hard refresh
A hard refresh can help reset Shift. Simply press Ctrl Shift R on Cmd Shift R on your keyboard.
3. Add a second instance of the app
- Click the "+" in the lower-left corner and select "Add Application"
- Search for the app, and add a second instance to your setup (you should be prompted to log into the app. If you are not prompted to log in, keep adding instances until you are)
- Log into the app
- Delete the first instance of the app (the one that has issues) by right-clicking on it and selecting "Delete"
4. App Data Reset
While a bit more nuclear in nature, an app data reset often helps remedy a wide range of issues. If you decide to try an app data reset, you'll just need to log back into your emails, apps, and extensions once again, but your Shift setup will be intact. Here's what you'll need to do:
- Head to Options (lower left) > Settings > General
- Scroll to find Reset application data at the bottom
- Click "Reset App Data" and follow the prompt
- Shift will launch again automatically after a moment or two. When it does, select "Log in with existing account" and log in using your Primary Shift Account
Find answers to other common questions and issues here.
Learn more about using web apps in Shift here.