If you're a Windows user and you’ve run into a fully blank screen in Shift or you're noticing Shift is no longer starting up for you, this is the article for you! 😎
A manual app data reset is what is usually needed and almost always helps set things right. Don't worry, your setup will be intact after a reset. You won't need to set up Shift again. The only thing you'll need to do is sign back into your emails, apps, and extensions afterward. Follow our easy steps below! 👇
Steps (part 1 of 2)
- Ensure Shift is fully closed and not running in your task manager (you can press Ctrl Q to fully quit Shift)
- Press Ctrl Alt Delete on your keyboard and open your Task Manager
- Select Details in the top menu and start typing Shift on your keyboard (just start typing)!
- For any Shift.exe processes that are running, right-click and select End Task. Continue until there are no more Shift.exe processes in the list
Steps (part 2 of 2)
- Open File Explorer and click on View and select the box next to Hidden items
- Navigate to the following folder: C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming (<your name> might be the name of your computer or similar)
- Right-click on the Shift folder (not to be confused with the .Shift folder you might see!) and select Delete
- Re-launch Shift and log in with your Primary Shift Account
Note: Make sure the Shift folder does not appear in your Roaming folder! If you've deleted it fully, the folder should be gone from the list.
Find solutions to other common questions here.
Get in touch with our support team here.