If you're a Mac user and you’ve run into a fully blank screen in Shift or you're noticing Shift is no longer starting up for you, this is the article for you! 😎
A manual app data reset is what is usually needed and almost always helps set things right. Don't worry, your setup will be intact after a reset. You won't need to set up Shift again. The only thing you'll need to do is sign back into your emails, apps, and extensions afterward.
- Ensure Shift is fully closed and not running in your activity monitor (press Cmd Q to fully quit Shift if Shift is not in fullscreen mode)
- Click your desktop to move the focus off any apps, then choose "Go" from the top menu
- Hold down the option key to reveal the hidden folder Library, click to open
- Double click on "Application Support" folder to open
- Find and delete the Shift folder from within Application Support (~/Library/Application Support/Shift)
- Open Shift and log in with your Primary Shift Account
Tip: Make sure Shift is fully closed down or the steps above won't work! Pull up your system wide search and look for Activity Monitor, then end any Shift processes, and try these steps again!
Find solutions to other common questions here.