Secondary and incognito windows have arrived on Shift's Alpha Channel. With secondary windows, you can open any link from Shift in a new window. Utilize incognito secondary windows in Shift to ensure Shift does not save any browsing history, cookies, site data, or information entered.
How to Access Shift Secondary Window's
This feature has been released to Shift's Alpha Channel, which contains our smallest percentage of power-users who want access to features and fixes before anyone else.
If you prefer not to move onto Alpha please be assured that the fix or feature will be released on our Beta and Stable channel in the coming weeks.
- Go to Options (lower left) > Settings > General > Support and Updates
- Click Alpha on the right-hand side and accept any notices
- A prompt will appear after a minute or two to let you know a new version is available. Accept the upgrade prompt
- Allow Shift to reload and you will be on the Alpha channel interacting with new features and updates
How to Open a Link in a Secondary Window
- Right-click on a link in Shift
- Select 'Open link in new window' from the drop-down menu
Press Cmd/Ctrl + N while hovering over any link in Shift to open your link in a secondary Shift window.
How to Open a Link in a Shift Incognito Window
- Navigate to your app menu (Windows users will need to press Ctrl + \ to view the app menu)
- Click on the word 'Shift'
- Select 'New Incognito Window from the drop-down menu
Press Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + N to open a new incognito window in Shift.
Want to switch back to the Stable Channel? Learn how here.
Check out more articles on using Shift here.
Get in touch with our support team here.