Shift has over 1500+ apps available in the Apps directory! If by chance you have an app that's not yet supported, follow the simple steps below for a way you can add a custom web app to your Shift setup.
Let us know what web apps you'd like to see supported in a future release of Shift by filling out our quick 1-minute survey here.
If you want your custom app to appear in your sidebar, simply search for an app that has a custom URL option available (we use Jira in the steps below):
- Click on the "+" in the lower-left corner of Shift and select "Add Application"
- Search for the Jira app and click on the + button to add it to your apps menu
- Click on the "Use Custom URL" checkbox
- Clear out the field and replace it with the URL for your custom app. Be sure to include the entire URL
- Name your app and choose a color, then SAVE
Your custom app will appear in your Shift sidebar with the Jira logo.
Please note this method is considered a workaround, and while usually successful, is not always gauranteed to work exactly as the app would outside of Shift in your browser
Below is a list of some apps that have a custom URL option available. You can use any one of these apps with the steps above:
- Microsoft Azure
Read more frequently asked questions here.
Get in touch with our support team here.