Are you being prompted to upgrade even though you've already paid for Advanced or Teams features in Shift? You probably need to refresh Shift or ensure you're signed in with the correct Primary email. Below are a few ways you can troubleshoot the issue and get access to your paid features quickly! 🚀
Take note of your Primary Shift Account
Your Primary Shift Account is the email you used to create your Shift account with initially. You can find your Primary Shift Account by hovering your mouse over your emails in your sidebar, and finding the one that has the words Primary Shift Account underneath it.
If you ever sign in to Shift using an email that's not the Primary email linked to your paid subscription, Shift will automatically create a free (Basic) account. You'll then be signed in to the free account. Simply sign out of the free account and then sign back in with the Primary email linked to your paid subscription
Case 1: You just purchased Shift
If you just purchased Shift (we're talking within the same hour) and you're still being prompted to upgrade, try the suggestions below to ensure your upgrade properly registers:
- Fully close and reopen Shift (hard refresh) for your paid features to register. You can do that by pressing Cmd Shift R or Ctrl Shift R on your keyboard
- On extremely rare occasions, an app data reset might be needed to properly register your upgrade. Your setup will be intact, but you'll just need to log back into your emails, apps, and extensions once again after the reset. Just go to Options (lower left) > Settings > General > Reset application data > click Reset App Data and follow the prompt. Sign back in with your Primary Shift Account
Case 2: You purchased Shift sometime ago
If you purchased Shift a while ago (we're talking several days, weeks, or even months after the fact) and you're suddenly being prompted to upgrade, try the suggestions below to get access to your paid features:
- Ensure you are logged into Shift with the correct Primary Shift Account (see the first heading of this article). If you recently downloaded Shift on another computer, you might have logged in with a different email than the one associated with your paid features. If you think you might have used a different account, you'll need to sign out and then sign back in with the correct account (see here how to sign out of Shift). If you don't remember your Primary Shift email, you can find it on your subscription receipt/invoice.
- If you had a recent domain or other email change, you'll need to transfer your subscription over to your new email. Learn more about that here.
- Check your renewal date (1 year from the date listed on your original invoice). If you canceled your subscription and your renewal date has come and gone, your account will automatically be downgraded to a free account