Unexpectedly being prompted to upgrade even though you've already paid for a Shift subscription or are part of a team? Read our quick tips below on steps you can take to regain access to your paid features! 🚀
When you might be prompted to upgrade
There are a few scenarios when you'll likely be prompted to upgrade, despite having purchased a Shift subscription or being part of a team:
- You didn't hard refresh Shift after getting a trial, purchasing, or joining the team
- You signed into Shift using the wrong email
- Your Primary Shift Account recently underwent domain or other changes
- There have been changes made to your network, proxy, or firewall
If any of the above or similar applies to you, we have step-by-step instructions for each, below!
Scenario 1: Hard refresh after trial activation, purchase, or joining a team
After you activate a free trial link, purchase a Shift subscription or join a team, you must hard refresh Shift for the upgrade to take effect.
- Press Cmd Shift R on your keyboard (Mac)
- Press Ctrl Shift R on your keyboard (Windows)
- On rare occasions, an app data reset might be needed to properly register your upgrade. Follow our step-by-step instructions:
Scenario 2: You signed into Shift using the wrong email
When you sign in using a different email than the one tied to your paid subscription, a new, free account will get created (and you'll be prompted to upgrade and your setup will be different). All you need to do is sign out of Shift and sign back in using the correct email. Follow our step-by-step instructions, here.
Scenario 3: Your Primary Shift Account recently underwent domain or other changes
Recent domain or other email change? Maybe your email is now hosted by Microsoft and used to be hosted by Google or vice-versa. Maybe your administrator made some changes to your security and other settings. If any of this sounds familiar, we can help! Find solutions here.
Scenario 4: There have been changes made to your network, proxy, or firewall
Changes in security, network traffic, and configurations can affect your access to Shift. You may be running into an unresponsive Shift, or Shift not working at all. Read about common scenarios here, including what must be whitelisted, here.