Consider yourself a Shift power-user? The Beta Channel might be a fit for you. Our Beta channel is a small community of our users aimed at identifying bugs and stopping them in their tracks before they reach the stable channel. We send new releases to our Beta channel after they've had some time in Alpha, but before we're comfortable sharing it will all of our users on Stable. The Shift Beta channel is responsible for letting us know about bugs as soon as they arise, so we can fix them before they go out to the rest of our users.
How to Switch to the Beta Channel
- Go to Options (lower left) > Settings > General > Support and Updates > Click Beta on the right-hand side and accept any notices
- A prompt will show with a new version of Shift asking you to update, accept this
- Reload Shift and you'll be on the Beta version!
- Share any bugs, issues, or oddities you run into by submitting feedback here
How to Switch Back to Stable
If you decide you're done with Beta testing, switching back to Stable is a matter of three steps.
- Go to Options (lower left) > Settings > General > Support and Updates > Click Stable on the right-hand side and accept any changes
- Download a fresh copy of Shift from https://tryshift.com/
- Launch Shift and log in with your Primary Shift Account
Congratulations! 🤩 You're now back on the Stable channel.
Check out more articles on using Shift here.
Get in touch with our support team here.