Shift currently supports Gmail/GSuite hosted by Google and Outlook/Office 365 hosted by Microsoft. If you have a privately hosted IMAP email account you'd like to add to Shift, follow the steps below.
1. Create a new free Outlook account (https://outlook.live.com/owa/) that will be used exclusively for supporting your external IMAP account in Shift. Give this email a name you'll easily remember and know is associated with your IMAP email:
2. Add this newly created Outlook account to Shift:
3. Setup access to your IMAP email account through your newly added Outlook email. To do this, click on your Outlook email in Shift and then go to Settings > View all Outlook settings > Sync email > click Other email accounts:
4. Type in your IMAP email address and password and click OK:
5. Choose IMAP/SMTP connection type. Check your IMAP email's settings to get its Incoming (IMAP) server and Outgoing (SMTP) server and click Ok.
6. Your IMAP email should appear in your list of connected accounts. Set your default From address to your IMAP email:
When you send a new email, you'll see the email is from your IMAP email address:
Now, you can start using your IMAP email in Shift! When you get a new email to your IMAP, it will appear in the Outlook proxy you set up for it. Your folders, sent items, and drafts will be imported. Your calendar events will not.
Have a privately hosted POP email you want to connect to Shift? Learn how here.
Learn to make Shift your default email client here.
Learn to manage email notifications here.
Get in touch with our support team here.