Why does Shift collect and store information about me?
We want to make the website and our software as useful to our customers and potential customers as possible. The data we collect is primarily used for market research purposes and for analysis to help improve the software. We may contact you about issues you might have encountered, to send you updates and other important information, to communicate with you about products and services, etc.
What data about me is collected and stored on Shift's servers?
We may collect personal and anonymous data whenever you: access the tryshift.com website, download/use Shift in any way, as well as when you send us information or communications. Examples of this data include: your name, phone number, physical address, Internet Protocol (IP) address, geographic location or geolocation, account name, credit card information, email address, email type, your application data (such as settings and application preferences), etc.
Why does Shift ask for access to my Google Account?
When you create a Shift account using a Gmail or GSuite email, you'll be prompted to give Shift access to the following items or "scopes." This is Google's OAuth authorization:
When you allow access to these scopes, this provides the Shift desktop application on your computer access to Google's APIs to access your account on your behalf. In other words, this simply allows your email, calendar, and Drive services to work in the Shift desktop application. This access and the information within each service is strictly local to the Shift desktop application on your computer. None of the information contained in any of these services, including what is rendered within each service is ever sent to or stored on Shift's servers.
Will my emails, contacts, calendar and Drive information be stored on Shift's servers?
No. Never. Read more about this in the question above. You can also read more about each scope in the Google OAuth process here.
Does Shift sell data to third-parties?
No. We do not sell, trade, or rent any personal or anonymous data to third parties, other than the licensed third-party applications it has relationships with, including:
- Datadog (Application Monitoring Services)
- Facebook (Advertising Services)
- Facebook Custom Audience (Remarketing and Behavioral Targeting)
- Google Analytics (Traffic/Campaign Monitoring Services)
- Google Adwords (Advertising Services)
- Google Similar Audiences for Search (Remarketing and Behavioral Targeting)
- Customer.io (Email/Marketing Communication Services)
- Sendgrid (Email/Marketing Communication Services)
- HappyFox (Customer Support Services)
- Mixpanel (Application Monitoring Services)
Can I request that my data be deleted?
Yes. Anytime. Read more about how to do that here.
Can I request a full and permanent erasure of my data?
Yes. You are entitled to this service if you are a resident of the European Union (EU) or California, USA. Before you do, this is the information you'll need to provide:
- Verify your Primary Shift Account (this is the email you would have used when you first created a Shift account)
- Verify your identity and residence with a government-issued ID (e.g. Driver's license)
After that, get in touch with our support team here.
Read more about Privacy and Security in Shift here.
Get in touch with our support team here.