You can import all of your passwords from Dashlane to Shift. Check out the easy steps below!
Step 1: Export your data from Dashlane to Chrome
- Open Dashlane on your computer and log in
- Click on the menu and select File > Export and select Unsecured archive (readable) in CSV (.csv) format
- Save the file to your desktop as a .csv file
- Open the CSV file and delete the first row and replace it with "url","name","username","password" for the first row
- Delete the empty quotes ("")
- Add https:// in front of the first item in each URL
Step 2: Ensure that import to Chrome is enabled
In order to import your passwords from Dashlane, you must first import them into Chrome, as Shift only supports importing from browsers. Here's how to import to Chrome:
- To access the Chrome flags menu, please type the following text into your browser search bar: chrome://flags and hit enter
- In the search bar type “Password import”
- From the drop-down menu select “Enabled” to allow password importing from Chrome
- Relaunch Chrome
- Click on Settings ⋮ and choose Passwords underneath the Autofill menu
- Click on Passwords and click on the three vertical dots beside “Saved Passwords”
- Select Import
- Select the exported .csv file to import into Chrome
Step 3: Import from Chrome to Shift
Learn how to do that here.
For more information on exporting your passwords from Dashlane please refer to this article provided by Dashlane support.
Learn how to set up your Emergency Kit here.
Get in touch with our support team here.