When we talk about "notifications" for Workspaces you've added in Shift, we are really referring to 3 main things:
- Badges (red numbers you see in the corners of your apps within your Workspaces and the red dots over the Workspace icon in the sidebar)
- Desktop notifications (the card pop-ups that appear on your screen)
- Notification sounds (the sounds that accompany desktop notifications)
Below are tips for how to manage notifications for each of your added Workspaces.
To always recieve notifications for apps within a Workspace, ensure Auto-Hibernate is turned OFF for the Workspace. If the Workspace is hibernated, you will not get up to date notifications for the apps within it. Turn off Auto-Hibernate on a Workspace by right-clicking on it in your sidebar and selecting "Auto-Hibernate Off"
Manage your unread badges that sit over your apps in your Workspaces by clicking into the app in your Workspace, and then right-clicking on the app and selecting the badge preference:
Your Workspace icon in your sidebar will also indicate if there are new notifications:
Manage the desktop pop-ups that appear for your apps within your Workspaces by heading into your settings:
- Go to Options (lower left corner) > Settings > General > Functionality > scroll to find Show notifications (towards the bottom)
- Toggle this ON or OFF. This setting controls desktop notifications for your Workspaces, in addition to your added emails and apps outside of Workspaces
It is not yet possible to control notifications on an individual Workspace basis. This is an all or nothing feature for Worksapce desktop notifiations at the moment!
You must disable desktop notifications (see above) to disable notification sounds for your apps within your Workspaces. Desktop notifications and notification sounds are the same. If one is disabled, the other will be as well.
There are some apps that have their own native sounds, which may not be disabled, even though your notifications are turned off. Examples of these apps include Slack, Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp, and others. Head into these apps individually to disable these sounds.
Learn more about Workspaces here.
Learn about managing notifications for apps outside of Workspaces here.
Learn how to use the Mute Notifications feature here.
Get in touch with our support team here.