Before downloading, it’s important to note that we recommend you have at least 8Gb or more of RAM on your computer for Shift to run smoothly.
At this time, Shift does not support chrome OS, tablets, mobile devices, or laptops in "tablet mode.
How to Download and Install Shift on Linux
To get started, download Shift directly from our website here: Download Shift.
- Click the “Download Now” button. The download will immediately drop into your downloads folder on your computer
- Open your file manager
- Navigate to the directory containing the .zip
- Right-click the shift-linux.zip file and select Extract Here
- Navigate to the newly created shift-linux-XXX folder (where XXX is the release number)
- Double-click on the Shift executable to run the app
Some additional steps might be needed to ensure you can execute the file as a program. Here's how:
- Go to the Shift download directory
- Right-click install.sh and click "Properties"
- Navigate to the permissions tab and verify that Allow executing file as program is ticked
- Exit properties
- Right-click the file manager background and click "Open in Terminal"
- Drag the script into the terminal
- Press the Enter key in the terminal
Learn how to sign up for an account here.
Complete your setup and learn more about Shift here.
Get in touch with our support team here.