Want to download Shift on your Mac? Awesome. You’ve come to the right place.
Before downloading, it’s important to note that we recommend you have at least 8Gb or more of RAM on your computer for Shift to run smoothly. To check how much you have, click the apple in the top left corner of your screen. Then select ‘About this Mac’ from the dropdown. A small window will appear showing your specs.
At this time, Shift does not support Chrome OS, tablets, mobile devices, or laptops in "tablet" mode.
How to Download and Install Shift on Mac
To get started, download Shift directly from our website here: Download Shift.
- Click on “Download Now” to get started
- Make sure to download the correct version of v8 depending on your chip architecture ("Apple Silicon" or "Intel")
- Head to your Downloads folder and double click the downloaded Shift file and it will expand and put this folder on your desktop
- Drag the Shift icon onto the Applications folder
- Once it has finished copying, go to the Applications folder, find the Shift icon, and double-click it to launch
With macOS 11 and up, Shift will ask for access to Bluetooth and permission to control your computer. This is so Bluetooth devices will recognize Shift, and to allow Mac media buttons to work with Shift
Learn how to sign up for an account here.
Complete your setup and learn more about Shift here.