Shift's very own Password Manager has officially been launched to the Alpha channel.
What is the Alpha channel?
The Alpha channel allows the chance to interact with Shift's newest features and fixes before they are revealed to the Stable channel. As a power user of Shift's Alpha channel you will be able to try Shift's Password Manager before it is available on the Stable channel.
If you are keen to hop on the Alpha channel and get started with Shift's Password Manager please follow these steps:
1. Go to Options (three dots in the bottom left corner) > Settings > General > Support and Updates > Click Beta on the right-hand side and accept any notices.
2. A prompt will show with a new version of Shift asking you to update. Accept.
3. You will now notice there is now an option to select "Alpha" as a channel. Select that and follow the same steps as above.
4. Allow Shift to reload and you will be on the Alpha channel interacting with new features and updates!
What Do You Think of Shift's Password Manager?
We want to hear from you! If you have any feedback or suggestions to make your experience better with Shift's Password Manager submit a ticket directly with our Customer Success team here.
Switch back to the Stable Channel
You can opt-out of the Alpha channel at any time. To switch to Stable, follow these steps:
1. Go to Options (lower left) > Settings > General > Support and Updates > Click Stable on the right-hand side and accept any changes.
2. Download a fresh copy of Shift from https://tryshift.com/.
3. Sign in with your Primary Shift email and away you go!
Start importing your passwords to Shift from your browser or favourite password manager. Find out how to do so here!
For any additional questions please reach out to a member of our Customer Success team here.