You can import all of your passwords from LastPass to Shift. Check out the easy steps below!
Step 1: Ensure that import to Chrome is enabled
In order to import your passwords from LastPass, you must first import them into Chrome, as Shift only supports importing from browsers. Please follow these steps to ensure that import mode is enabled in Chrome:
- To access the Chrome flags menu, please type the following text into your browser search bar: chrome://flags and hit enter
- In the search bar type “Password import”
- From the drop-down menu select “Enabled” to allow password importing from Chrome
- Relaunch Chrome
- Click on Settings ⋮ and choose Passwords underneath the Autofill menu
- Click on Passwords and click on the three vertical dots beside “Saved Passwords”
- Select Import
Step 2: Export your data from LastPass to Chrome
Navigate to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in to your vault
Click on More Options on the left-hand side
- Go to Advanced > Export
- If prompted, enter your Master Password and click "continue"
- Copy the contents into an editor of your choice (for Windows users we suggest Notepad, for Mac users we suggest TextEdit). Note: If you directly save the page, it will not convert to a proper CSV
- Save the file as a CSV file to your desktop
- Type the following text into your browser search bar: chrome://flags and hit enter
- Open the Chrome menu ⋮
- Click “Passwords” and open the menu beside Saved Passwords ⋮
- Select Import and choose the .csv file you previously saved to your desktop from LastPass containing your passwords
- Enter the password you use to log in to your computer if asked
Step 3: Import from Chrome to Shift
Learn how to do that here.
After you have imported your passwords to Shift you can delete the unencrypted CSV file from your desktop.
For more information on exporting your vault from LastPass to a CSV file please see this article written by LastPass.
Learn how to set up your emergency kit here.
Get in touch with our support team here.