Facebook is a social media platform that allows you to connect with family and friends. The Facebook web application is available in Shift for any user. For more information about the features available on Facebook, click here.
How to Add Facebook to Shift
- Open Shift and click on the plus sign in the bottom left-hand corner
- Click on 'Add Application'
- Tap on the search bar to type 'Facebook'
- Select 'Facebook', add your preferred account name and preferred account color
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Facebook' added to the Shift sidebar
If you use multiple Facebook accounts or want to create an additional one, Shift gives you the power to access all of your accounts at the same time. Just follow the same steps in this video to log into your additional accounts by adding more Facebook accounts to your Shift sidebar. For more information on using Shift to manage multiple Facebook accounts, please click here.
How do I manage my notifications and badges for Facebook in Shift?
- Go to Options > Settings > Apps
- Click on 'Installed apps' and find 'Facebook' in this list
- From here you can toggle your notifications and or badges on/off
Your app notification settings can also be adjusted by performing a right-click on the Facebook icon in your sidebar and changing your settings in the dropdown menu. Shift honors the notification settings as set in the application.
After turning off your desktop notifications for Facebook, you may still continue to hear custom notification sounds from the Facebook app. To choose what you get notifications about on Facebook please refer to this article here.
To always receive notifications for Facebook in Shift, ensure Auto-Hibernate is turned off. If the app is Hibernated, you will not get up-to-date notifications. Read more about it here.
To get started with Shift, click here.
For more guides, click here.