Facebook is a social media platform that allows you to connect with family and friends. The Facebook web application is available in Shift for any Shift Advanced user.
On Facebook, users can:
- Post photos and status updates
- Friend other users
- Message friends and comment on their posts
- Join groups for people with similar interests
This feature is available for Shift Advanced users.
How does Facebook work in Shift?
Facebook in Shift works the same as Facebook in a browser. Shift uses the web version of Facebook and offers the same functionality.
Try Facebook in your browser here. You will find the same functionality in Shift, but with easier access to all your accounts.
Shift keeps you logged into Facebook longer than your browser.
How to add Facebook to Shift
- Open Shift and click on the plus sign in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Click on 'Add Application'.
- Tap on the search bar to type 'Facebook'.
- Select 'Facebook', add your preferred account name and preferred account color.
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Facebook' added to the Shift sidebar.
What features are available on Facebook?
Facebook offers many features to its users. Here are a few of the things you can do on Facebook.
Facebook allows you to make posts to share your thoughts with other users. You can control if your post is visible to your friends, everyone, specific people, or only yourself. Posts can also include photos, videos, and GIFs.
Facebook allows you to friend other users. Friends may see each other’s posts on their News Feeds. Facebook allows users up to 5,000 friends.
News Feed is on your home page on Facebook. It displays status updates, photos, videos, links, and other forms of activity from people, pages and groups that you follow.
Facebook Memories allows you to see moments from the past. You can view past posts and major life events from the current date.
Facebook allows you to join Groups, where you can interact with people with similar interests. Groups can be either Private or Public depending on who you want to be able to see posts.
Facebook allows you to send messages to other users with Messenger. You can have individual or group conversations. It also allows users to video chat or send photos and videos.
For more information about the features available on Facebook, click here.
How do I manage my notifications for Facebook?
There are multiple ways to manage your notifications for Facebook. You can manage notifications through Settings in Shift and from within the Facebook app.
To manage badges and notifications for Facebook from in Shift:
- Go to ‘Options’ (the three dots in the bottom left corner).
- Go to ‘Settings’ (the wrench icon).
- Click on ‘Apps’.
- Click on ‘Installed Apps’.
- Locate ‘Facebook’ on the list.
- Locate the ‘Notifications’ and ‘Show Badge’ settings. Enable or disable them depending on your preference.
To manage notifications for Facebook from in the app:
- Click on the ‘Facebook’ icon on the Shift sidebar and log in.
- Click on the ‘Account’ icon in the top right corner.
- Click on ‘Settings & Privacy’.
- Click on ‘Settings’.
- Click on ‘Notifications’.
- Choose what notifications you want to receive from Facebook.
To get started with Shift, click here.
If you are having issues logging in to your Messenger account, click here.