Need to clear your browser, cookies, or history? On a Shift wide basis, or an individual app basis? This article covers it all!
What happens when you clear browsing data in Shift?
When you clear your cache or cookies, you will be logged out of your Primary Shift Email Account. You will also be logged out of any applications and extensions that use your Primary Email for a login. However, you will not be fully logged out of the additional email accounts and applications added to Shift; your Shift setup will remain intact.
Clearing your browsing data in Shift applies across all accounts and apps in your Shift setup.
If you're having an issue with a specific email in Shift, we recommend deleting the email from your setup first, and re-adding it.
If you're having an issue with a specific app in Shift, try adding a second instance of the app to your setup (do not delete the first instance) and then log in.
How to clear your browsing data
Go to Options (lower left) > Settings > Privacy and Security > Clear browsing data
Select either Basic or Advanced in the popup for more options
How to view and clear browser history
- To view your itemized history in Shift, in the top menu, click Window > History (or type chrome://history/ in the search bar at the top of Shift)
- To clear part or all of your history, click Clear browsing data at the top right of this page, and make selections in the Clear browsing data pop-up under either the Basic or Advanced tabs
Alternatively, go to Options > Settings (lower-left corner) > click Clear browsing data under the Privacy and security heading.
How to view and clear your download history
- To view your itemized download history in Shift, in the top menu, click Window > Downloads (or type chrome://downloads/ in the search bar at the top of Shift)
- To clear any items from your downloads history, click the x on the right-hand side of the file you want to clear
- To clear all items from your downloads history, go to Options (lower left) > Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data > Advanced > select Download history and select the desired time range, then click Clear data in the pop-up
How to clear cache and cookies on an individual app basis:
- Navigate to the app instance where you're experiencing the issue
- Click the lock icon (to the left of the browser search bar)
- Select "Site settings"
- Click "Clear data"
Learn more tips and tricks here.