Workspaces are an added organizational and space-saving tool that allows you to focus and streamline your workflow 💥. Use Workspaces to create groupings of your apps and Bookmarks. Organize your Workspaces by function (e.g. social media, banking/finance, task management, planning a home renovation project, etc.), by client, by project, by department or team, or by frequency (e.g. group the apps you only use once in a while together). There's no right or wrong way how to use Workspaces. The main thing is that Workspaces allow you to group together apps and use bookmarks.
Need a little more inspiration for how to use Workspaces? Check out our Blog: 5 Tips for Getting the Most out of Workspaces
Make sure you're familiar with what data is saved! Read more here.
How to add a Workspace to Shift
Workspaces can be permanent or temporary, shared with others, or kept to yourself. Getting started is easy! Here's how 👇
Click on the "+" in your sidebar and select "Add Workspace"
Give your Workspace a title and description, and use the home page to add apps (apps added to a Workspace will appear in a row near the top right-hand corner of your screen)
- Add bookmarks by typing in a URL and clicking on the star to save (right-click on the bookmarks bar to create a folder, then drag and drop bookmarks as desired)
- Right-click on your Workspace in your sidebar and select Settings where you can add an image or logo
- Click the blue Share button in the upper-right corner to share it with friends, colleagues, or family members
Workspace features and quick tips
- How to use Bookmarks
- How to set a homepage for an app
- How to hide and show a Workspace
- About permissions in Workspaces
- How to manage notifications for Workspaces
Learn more and complete your setup using our Getting Started section here.