Media keys can be used in Shift for apps like Spotify, YouTube, Netflix, and Google Play.
A media key is a key on your keyboard with a special purpose in a particular app. For example, you can use media keys to play, pause, and skip through your music in Spotify.
Media keys are available for Mac users.
How to Set up Media Keys in Shift
1. Allow accessibility to Shift in your System Preferences on your Mac.
- Go to your Apple menu in the top left-hand corner and click on System Preferences in the dropdown menu.
- Search for and click on "Security and Privacy".
- Scroll down in the sidebar to click on "Accessibility".
- Unlock the lock in the bottom left-hand corner by clicking on it and typing in your password.
- Click the checkbox next to Shift.
- Close the lock.
Now you can start using Media Keys in Shift!
How to use Media Keys in Shift
Start by going to an app in Shift that you want to use your Media Keys for.
For example, let's say you want to use Media Keys for Spotify. Let's add Spotify to Shift if it isn't already there, then click on the Spotify icon in your sidebar to open it in Shift.
Choose a song and press play with your mouse.
After you've pressed play, your media keys will be activated and you can start using them.
If you leave Shift and start using another application on your computer, just click on Shift again and press play to start using your media keys again.
Each app will have different media keys. To make sure you are using the right ones, check on the support pages of the app that you're using media keys for.