Dropbox is a smart workspace where you can organize files, cloud content, Dropbox's own Paper docs, and web shortcuts, all in one place. In Shift, Dropbox services are available as an Extension and an App.
This feature is available for all Shift Advanced Users.
How to Add Dropbox in Shift?
You can add Dropbox in your Shift account as:
- Dropbox for Gmail - an extension
- Dropbox - an app
To use Dropbox for Gmail extension:
- Go to 'Services' and click on 'Settings' (the wrench on the right side).
- Tap on 'Extensions' and find Dropbox for Gmail.
- Tap on the toggle to enable it.
- Go to any of your added email accounts and click on 'Compose'.
- You will find a Dropbox pop-up waiting for you. Click on 'Get Started'.
- Existing users can 'Sign In' and new users can 'Create One'.
- In your account, choose the files you want to attach to your email and off you go!
To use Dropbox app:
- Tap on 'Add Application' (plus sign in a box) towards the bottom-left corner.
- Look for Dropbox under 'Featured Apps' OR Click on the 'Search' bar and type in Dropbox.
- Click on the app. Enter your account name, choose your preferred color and 'Save'.
- Find the app added to the Shift sidebar.
- Click on the hamburger sign in the top-right corner and select 'Sign In'.
- Existing users can log in with their credentials and new users can sign up with 'Create an account'.
What features are available in Dropbox?
Let's run you through some of the basic features of Dropbox:
- Create a new file using Dropbox, Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs.
- Upload files and folders to share with your team over email, Slack or in a Zoom meeting.
- Invite people to upload files to your Dropbox even when they don't have an account.
- Switch between personal and business accounts with a click.
Watch this video to know more:
Need help with your Dropbox account? Get in touch with Dropbox Support here.
Did you know you can get Shift for your team? To know more, click here.