Do you use two-factor authentication (2FA) with your email? Does your organization use a Single-Sign-On (SSO) service? If you answered yes to either or both of those questions, this article is for you! ☝ Not all 2FA methods or SSO providers work in Shift. We've put together a couple of handy tables below for each to help you know. 🌈
- Check your 2FA settings on your Google account here.
- Check your 2FA settings on your Outlook/Office 365 account here.
|2FA Type||Does it work in Shift?|
|Push notifications (to your mobile device)||✅|
|Text Message or Voice (to your mobile device)||✅|
|Google Authenticator (code generator)||✅|
|Microsoft Authenticator (code generator)||✅|
|Security Key (e.g. Bluetooth, Touch ID, USB)||❌|
|Windows Hello (or any biometric authenticator)||❌|
|SSO Protocol||Does it work in Shift?|
|WebAuthn Security Key||✅ (Windows only)|
|Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)||✅ (as long as the 2FA method is supported)|
|U2F Security Key||❌|
|Secure Web Authentication (SWA)||❌|
- Click on your profile photo towards the upper right corner of your email
- Click Manage Your Google Account in the drop-down
- Click on Security on the left side panel
- Scroll down to Signing in to Google and click on 2-Step Verification
- Authenticate your account
Find answers to more frequently asked questions here.