Are you a Facebook Messenger user and want to be able to use the app in Shift? Here is a summary of how to add Facebook Messenger to your setup and manage it in Shift!
Facebook Messenger is a messaging app offered by Facebook that allows users to reach out to people through text, audio, and video chat - all for free! Shift offers the same amazing features and functionality of Facebook Messenger that you would find in your browser. For a full list of features provided by Facebook Messenger please click here.
How to add Messenger to Shift?
Open Shift and click on the plus sign in the bottom left-hand corner.
Click on 'Add Application'.
- Tap on the search bar to type 'Messenger'.
- Select 'Messenger' and add your preferred account name and preferred account color.
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Messenger' added to the Shift sidebar.
If you use multiple Messenger accounts or want to create an additional one, Shift gives you the power to access all of your accounts at the same time. Just follow the same steps in this video to log into your additional accounts by adding more Messenger accounts to your Shift sidebar.
- When in Messenger, click the little lock icon at the top of your screen on the left of the search bar.
- Click Site Settings.
- Scroll down to notifications.
- From here you can toggle your notifications and or badges on/off
Upon turning off your desktop notifications for Messenger, you may still continue to hear custom notification sounds from the Messenger app. To adjust your notification preferences inside Messenger please refer to this article here.
Can I make a call from the messenger app in Shift?
Definitely! You will get access to all the features of Facebook messenger, including making a call within the app in Shift.
Get in touch with our support team here.