Are you a Facebook Messenger user and want to be able to use the app in Shift? Or are you a business owner who manages multiple Facebook Messenger accounts? Here is a summary of how to add Facebook Messenger to your setup and manage it in Shift!
Facebook Messenger is a messaging app offered by Facebook that allows users to reach out to people through text, audio, and video chat - all for free! Shift offers the same amazing features and functionality of Facebook Messenger that you would find in your browser. For a full list of features provided by Facebook Messenger, please click here.
How to add Messenger to Shift?
Open Shift and click on the plus sign in the bottom left-hand corner.
Click on 'Add Application'.
- Tap on the search bar to type 'Messenger'
- Select 'Messenger' and add your preferred account name and preferred account color
- Select if you want to add the app in a particular Workspace or if you want to add app shortcuts to other Workspaces
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Messenger' added to the Shift sidebar.
If you use multiple Messenger accounts or want to create an additional one, Shift gives you the power to access all of your accounts at the same time. Just follow the same steps in this video to log into your additional accounts by adding more Messenger accounts to your Shift sidebar.
To allow notifications:
- While in Facebook Messenger, click the little lock icon to the right of your top screen search bar.
- Click on Site Settings
- From here you can toggle your notifications on/off
- Right-click on the Facebook Messenger app
- Ensure "Show App Unread Badge" has a check beside it
If you would not like the notifications to count in the badge count for that entire Workspace, we recommend toggling off "Include in Workspace Unread count".
After turning off your desktop notifications for the app, you may still continue to hear custom notification sounds. To choose what you get notifications about on Facebook Messenger, please refer to this article here
With all apps in Shift, you can create a shortcut to access them in any Workspaces to your preferences. Check out this great resource on how to accomplish that here: All About App Shortcuts
Definitely! You will get access to all the features of Facebook Messenger, including making a call within the app in Shift.
No, you can only sign in to existing Facebook Messenger accounts in Shift.
Get in touch with our support team here.