Yes! Slack has introduced its dark mode to its desktop version and we couldn't help but talk about it.
This feature is available for all Shift Advanced users.
Dark Mode changes your Slack background to black to improve readability through the reverse color scheme.
There are various benefits of activating Slack's dark mode, including:
1. Makes content easier on the eyes.
2. Helpful in low light environments.
3. Beneficial for those with visual impairments, visual disorders or migraines.
Note: Activating the dark mode on your phone will not activate it on your desktop or vice versa. Slack users have to log in to their slack account on each device to activate the dark mode.
1. Click on 'Slack' icon on Shift side-bar.
2. Tap on your account name.
3. Select 'Preferences' in the drop-down menu.
4. Tap on 'Themes' and choose 'Dark'.
5. Scroll down to customize your Slack Sidebar theme (Tip: choose the one that looks cool with your Shift sidebar).
Want to learn more about using Slack in Shift? Find out more here.