If the domain of your Primary Shift account has changed, you will not be able to log in to Shift with your new email account.
Your primary shift account acts like a key to log into Shift. If you log into Shift using the wrong key, you will not get logged in to the correct account. As well, if your key changes, the lock will not be able to recognize the new key.
This is the same for primary Shift accounts. If your domain changes, it will not be recognized by our system anymore and you will need to transfer your account.
Change your Primary Email
The Shift customer support team will need to migrate your Shift account from your old email account to a new one.
In order to do so, follow these steps:
1. Log out of Shift
2. Re-launch Shift
3. Create a new (Basic/free) Shift account using your new email account. This will be your new primary email address. Make sure you have access to this email account going forward.
4. Send our customer support team a ticket (https://support.tryshift.com/new).
5. Explain in the ticket that you have changed domains.
- Your old email address and current primary account connected to your paid account.
- Your new email address with the new domain that you have created a Basic (free) account for
- The last 4 digits of the credit card on file for the paid account.
7. Our team will switch over your account on your behalf. We will confirm with you when this is complete.
Note: You will need to create your Shift account from scratch since this is a manual transfer to a brand new account.
8. Now, close and re-launch Shift. Log in with your new email and start setting up your account.