Recently, we have seen issues with the version of Mixmax that we support in Shift.
If you are a Mixmax user in Shift, you may have noticed the performance of Mixmax in Shift has been struggling lately.
This is happening due to the version of Chromium that Shift currently runs on.
Our team is working hard to migrate our framework from Muon to Electron. With this migration, come more updates including an update to the version of Chromium that Shift runs on.
We have a released a fix version of Shift v 3.8 to our Beta channel that includes a working version of the Mixmax extension.
Prior, we had seen some issues with Mixmax working in Shift due to the version of Chromium we are currently running Shift on.
We will release this fix to our Stable channel within the next week, but if you would like immediate updates, you can switch to the Beta channel and accept the updates.
Follow these steps:
1. Open Shift
2. Go to Settings (the wrench in the bottom left-hand corner).
3. Go to General
4. Look for "Update Channel" and switch your channel to "Beta".
6. Shift will close and relaunch. If Shift does not automatically relaunch after a few moments, please re-open Shift.
7. Reset your application data:
1. Go into Settings (bottom left icon on Shift)
2. Go to the General tab (second from left)
3. Scroll to the bottom where it says 'Reset Application Data'
4. Click on the 'Reset App Data' button on the far right.
5. You will be presented with an alert describing what is about to occur
6. Click 'Proceed'
7. Shift will shutdown and then restart immediately on its own
8. You will be presented with a screen to add accounts
9. At the bottom, you will see a link to login to your Primary Shift account - click on that link and login with your primary Shift account.
8. Enable MixMax in Shift.
1. Go into Settings
2. Go to the Extensions tab
3. Toggle ON Mixmax
4. Click on one of your email account icons in Shift
5. Click on the Extensions icon in the top right-hand corner next to the referral bonus icon.
6. Click on the Mixmax icon and log in.
Please note that the Beta channel allows you to see new features, extensions, and apps in Shift before we release them to our Stable channel.
While Beta releases are tested, they are still subject to bugs, as we want people to see what's new as soon as possible. If you find a bug, please let us know by submitting feedback.
Thank you for your support and continued patience and support of Shift.