Anxious about making spelling errors in emails to your boss? Embarrassed about grammatical mistakes in your documents? Compose bold, clear, mistake-free writing with Grammarly’s AI-powered writing assistant without any worries about making a typo.
This feature is available for all Shift Advanced users.
With Grammarly, users can:
- Improve grammar, spelling, style, and tone.
- Eliminate spelling and grammar errors.
- Keep track of word count and reading time.
All features available in the Grammarly Chrome extension are also available in the Shift Grammarly extension.
How to Add Grammarly in Shift
1. Go to 'Options' and select 'Settings'
2. Click on the Extensions tab and scroll to find Grammarly.
3. Tap on the toggle button to activate it.
4. After enabling the Grammarly extension, go to any of your email accounts/applications and click on the extension icon to see Grammarly added to your active extensions.
5. If you are an existing user, you can log in to your account OR you can sign up for a new Grammarly account.
6. Grammarly is now active on all your accounts and apps in Shift.
How Does Grammarly Work in Shift?
Get corrections from Grammarly while you write on Gmail, Twitter, LinkedIn, and all your other favourite apps right in Shift.
By using Grammarly, you can:
- Detect spelling, grammatical and punctuation mistakes.
- Show definitions and synonyms by double-clicking on words.
- Choose the writing style. For example, American English, Canadian English or others.
- Create a new document.
Click here to learn more about Grammarly.
What are the benefits of using Grammarly in Shift?
In Shift, you can use one Grammarly account for all your emails, calendars, drives, and apps.
When you click on a text box in an app, you are able to see the Grammarly icon on the far right corner. Hover the pointer on the icon to see two options:
- Disable Grammarly - giving you an option to:
- Disable until your next visit.
- Disable permanently.
- Expand Grammarly - giving you an option to:
- Check your performance.
- Set goals for your writing such as 'Intent' (Inform, Describe, etc.), 'Audience' (General, Expert, etc.), 'Style' (Formal or Informal), and 'Emotion' (Mild or Strong)
- Change settings such as 'Jump from one error to next', 'Show word count', and 'Increase font-size'.
Have more questions about the Grammarly extension? Check out Grammarly Support Center here.
Want to get started with Shift? Take the first step by downloading and creating your account here