Slack is the messaging platform where work happens. By bringing your team together regardless of where you are located, Slack provides the platform to allow you to collaborate and stay productive no matter what. For a full list of features available in Slack, please click here.
How to add Slack to Shift
Slack in Shift works just like Slack in a browser. Shift uses the browser/web version of Slack and offers the same functionality. Here's how to add Slack to Shift:
- Click on the "+" in the lower-left corner and select "Add Application"
- Tap on the search bar to type "Slack"
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Slack' added to the Shift sidebar.
- Log in to your Slack workspace and let the fun begin!
Add multiple Slack apps for each Slack Workspace you're part of.
Make sure to turn off Auto-Hibernate for Slack to ensure you always receive notificaitons for new messages! Read more about how to do that here.
How to manage your in-app Slack preferences
- In Slack, click on your domain in the upper left corner and select "Preferences"
- Set your preferences for your Notifications, Theme, and more
If you're part of a Slack Enterprise Grid plan, your notification preferences will apply to all Workspaces within the plan (i.e. you cannot set separate notificaiton preferences for Workspaces part of the same Enterprise plan).
Learn how to organize your apps into Workspaces here.
Read more guides for Shift here.