Slack is the messaging platform where work happens. By bringing your team together regardless of where you are located, Slack provides the platform to allow you to collaborate and stay productive no matter what. For a full list of features available in Slack, please click here.
How does Slack work in Shift?
Slack in Shift works just like Slack in a browser. Shift uses the browser version of Slack and offers the same functionality.
How to Add Slack to Shift
- Open Shift and click on the plus sign in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Click on 'Add Application'.
- Tap on the search bar to type 'Slack'.
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Slack' added to the Shift sidebar.
- Name your account, choose your color, and enter your team domain.
- Save and find Slack icon on the Shift Toolbar.
- Log in to your workspace and let the fun begin!
If you use multiple Slack accounts or want to create an additional one, Shift gives you the power to access all of your accounts at the same time. Just follow the same steps in this video to log into your additional accounts by adding more Slack accounts to your Shift sidebar.
How do I manage my notifications and badges for Slack in Shift?
- Go to Options > Settings > Apps
- Click on 'Installed apps' and find 'Slack' in this list
- From here you can toggle your notifications and or badges on/off
Your app notification settings can also be adjusted by performing a right-click on the Slack icon in your sidebar and changing your settings in the dropdown menu. Shift honors the notification settings as set in the application.
After turning off your desktop notifications for Slack, you may still continue to hear custom notification sounds from the Slack app. To configure your Slack notification preferences please refer to this article here.
To always receive notifications for Slack, ensure Auto-Hibernate is turned OFF. If the app is hibernated, you will not get up-to-date notifications. Read more here.
Find out how to organize your apps into Workspaces here.
Get in touch with our support team here.