Are you a Slack user and want to be able to use the app in Shift? Here is a summary of how to add Slack to your setup and manage it in Shift!
Like all apps added to your setup, when you use Slack in Shift, it is the web version. Note that the web version of Slack is different than the desktop or mobile version. If you're part of multiple Slack workspaces, the best way to access them is to add multiple instances of Slack, one for each workspace.
How to add Slack to Shift
Slack in Shift works just like Slack in a browser. Shift uses the browser/web version of Slack and offers the same functionality. Here's how to add Slack to Shift:
- Click on the "+" in the lower-left corner and select "Add Application"
- Tap on the search bar to type "Slack"
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Slack' added to the Shift sidebar.
- Log in to your Slack workspace and let the fun begin!
Add multiple Slack apps for each Slack Workspace you're part of, as shown below!
How to manage your in-app Slack preferences
- In Slack, click on your domain in the upper left corner and select "Preferences"
- Set your preferences for your Notifications, Theme, and more
If you're part of a Slack Enterprise Grid plan, your notification preferences will apply to all Workspaces within the plan (i.e. you cannot set separate notificaiton preferences for Workspaces part of the same Enterprise plan).
Read more guides for Shift here.