Instagram's social media platform allows you to share photos with friends, family, and the world. The Instagram web application is available in Shift for any Shift Advanced user. For a full list of features provided by Instagram please click here.
Instagram in Shift works the same as Instagram in a browser. Certain features from the mobile app, such as posting images, are not available.
How to add Instagram to Shift
- Open Shift and click on the plus sign in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Click on 'Add Application'.
- Tap on the search bar to type 'Instagram'.
- Select 'Instagram', add your preferred account name and preferred account color.
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Instagram' added to the Shift sidebar.
How do I manage my notifications and badges for Instagram in Shift?
- Go to Options > Settings > Apps
- Click on 'Installed apps' and find 'Instagram' in this list
- From here you can toggle your notifications and or badges on/off
Your app notification settings can also be adjusted by performing a right-click on the Instagram icon in your sidebar and changing your settings in the dropdown menu. Shift honors the notification settings as set in the application.
Upon turning off your desktop notifications for Instagram, you may still continue to hear custom notification sounds from the Instagram app. To adjust your notification preferences inside of Instagram please refer to this article here.
To always receive notifications for Messenger, ensure Auto-Hibernate is turned OFF. If the app is hibernated, you will not get up-to-date notifications. Read more here.
Find out how to organize your apps into Workspaces here.
Get in touch with our support team here.