Are you an Instagram user and want to be able to use the app in Shift? Here is a summary of how to add Instagram to your setup and manage it in Shift!
Instagram's social media platform allows you to share photos with friends, family, and the world. The Instagram web application is available in Shift for any Shift Advanced user. For a full list of features provided by Instagram please click here.
Instagram in Shift works the same as Instagram in a browser. Certain features from the mobile app, such as posting images, are not available.
How to add Instagram to Shift
- Open Shift and click on the plus sign in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Click on 'Add Application'.
- Tap on the search bar to type 'Instagram'.
- Select 'Instagram' and add your preferred account name and preferred account color.
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Instagram' added to the Shift sidebar.
How do I manage my notifications and badges for Instagram in Shift?
To allow notifications:
- While on Instagram, click the little lock icon to the right of your top screen search bar.
- Click on Site Settings
- From here you can toggle your notifications on/off
To manage badges:
- Right click on the Instagram app
- Ensure "Show App Unread Badge" has a check beside it
If you would not like the notifications to count in the badge count for that entire Workspace, we recommend toggling off "Include in Workspace Unread count".
Upon turning off your desktop notifications for Instagram, you may still continue to hear custom notification sounds from the Instagram app. To adjust your notification preferences inside Instagram, please refer to this article here.
Using multiple instances of the Instagram app in Shift
Some apps, like Instagram, have a limitation on how many instances you can be logged into at a given time. This is unfortunately out of Shift's control and has to do with security measures Instagram has in place.
Want to access your Instagram app in another Workspace?
With all apps in Shift, you can create a shortcut to access them in any Workspace you choose. Check out this great resource on how to accomplish that here: All About App Shortcuts.
Get in touch with our support team here.