Are you a LastPass user and want to be able to use the extension in Shift? Here is a summary on how to add LastPass to your setup and manage it in Shift!
LastPass is a password management tool that saves and auto-fills all your login credentials. Using the LastPass extension helps you quickly log in to all your accounts, without having to manually type in your login information.
Extensions are available to Advanced Shift users. For more information on upgrading, head here.
How to add LastPass to Shift
- Click the Extensions icon in the top right of your screen.
- Click Add extension ("+" icon).
- Search for LastPass in the Chrome Extension Store.
- Click "Add to Shift" and then "Add extension".
You may notice that LastPass keeps logging you out in Shift. Here's how to prevent that:
- Click the LastPass icon in your extensions bar
- Select "Account Options" or your username at the bottom of the menu
- Go to Extension Preferences > General
- Under Security, check the box(es) of either of the following settings that you want to enable, or leave unchecked to disable:
- Log out when all browsers are closed – Specify when LastPass should log out of your session upon closing all web browsers that are in session with LastPass. Check the box to enable this feature, and when you relaunch a web browser, you will be asked to enter your master password. If you want to stay logged in to LastPass upon browser close, leave the box unchecked. This setting is disabled by default.
- Log out after this many minutes of inactivity – Specify the maximum amount of idle time (no keyboard and mouse activity on the machine at all, not just no activity on the browser where the extension is installed) that you want to have passed before LastPass automatically logs your account out of the active session for the web browser where the extension is installed. After the specified amount of time (in minutes), an inactive LastPass icon is displayed to indicate that you have been logged out. Please note that if any activity on the machine occurs before the specified logout time, the countdown to the logout time will be reset. If you want to remain logged in to your LastPass account via the LastPass browser extension regardless of idle time, leave this setting unchecked. This setting is disabled by default
- Click Save when finished.
- Restart Shift to incorporate the setting change(s).