LastPass remembers all your passwords, so you don't have to. It is a password management extension that helps you quickly log in to all our your accounts without having to re-authenticate every time you log in. You can use LastPass in Shift with any Shift Advanced account.
How to add LastPass to Shift
- Open your Options tray (three dots in the bottom left-hand corner)
- Click on Settings (the wrench icon)
- Click on the Extensions heading
- Scroll down to LastPass and toggle it ON
- Go back to your email and click on the Extensions icon in the top right-hand corner of Shift, next to the compose button.
- Click on the LastPass icon and log in.
Why does LastPass forget my passwords?
With LastPass in Shift, there are a few steps to ensure it is running correctly.
First off, it is important to note that extensions in Shift must be logged into within each account at least once for it to function across all accounts. For example, if you have more multiple email accounts, you will need to log into LastPass in each for it to work in that account. For apps, you will only need to log into it once.
The reason for this is for security purposes as each email account is in its own web partition and therefore LastPass in one partition does not know about the other partitions that are currently open.
Make sure you are logged in to LastPass in the extensions panel in Shift before using LastPass in Shift.