If you'd like your Shift account deleted, here's what you'll need to do:
- Uninstall Shift from your computer (see below for step-by-step instructions)
- CCPA & GDPR compliant data deletion is only available if you are a resident of the European Union (EU), the United Kingdom (UK), or California, USA
- If you are a resident of the EU, UK or California, you must provide a copy of your photo ID so our team can verify your residence and identity, as defined under GDPR and CCPA privacy laws
Our support team will fully unsubscribe you from all mailing lists and delete your Primary Shift Account from our servers. When we delete your Primary Shift Account, the data we store on our servers, including the email addresses you've added in Shift and the type of email, and any data we have about your Shift application settings and preferences will be deleted also, including any synced password data. Some personal and anonymous data that we collect and use in our third-party tools (e.g. Datadog, Facebook, Google, Customer.io, Sendgrid, Happyfox, Mixpanel) will not be deleted. The majority of this data is not used after we delete your account from our servers, and most of the remaining data cannot be used to identify you personally. Some of the remaining data, particularly in Facebook and Google, may be used for targeted advertising. This means you may continue to receive targeted ads for Shift after your account has been deleted.
Account Deletion for CCPA/GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU), the United Kingdom (UK), or California, USA, in accordance with applicable privacy law, you are entitled to certain rights in respect of your personal information. Read more about your rights under GDPR (for residents of the EU) here, GDPR (for residents of the UK) here, and CCPA (for residents of California) here. If you'd like to request a CCPA/GDPR-compliant erasure of your data, this is what we require from you:
- Your indication to us that you would like a CCPA/GDPR account deletion and that you are a resident of the EU, UK, or California
- Provide us with your Primary Shift Account (this is the email you would have used when you first created a Shift account)
- Provide us with proof of your identity and residence with a government-issued ID (e.g. driver's license)
After that, get in touch with our support team here.
Uninstall Shift for Mac
Open Finder and navigate to Applications
Drag and drop Shift into the trash or right-click and select move to trash
Right-click trash and select Empty Trash
Hold down the 'Option' button and choose the 'Go' menu item in Finder
Delete the folder located at ~/Library/Application Support/Shift
Uninstall Shift for Windows
Open Settings and navigate to Apps & features
Click on Shift
Click on Uninstall
Delete your application data by navigating and deleting the file located at C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Shift
Uninstall Shift for Linux
Open file manager
Navigate to the directory containing the extracted shift-linux-XXX folder (where XXX is the release number)
Right-click the extracted shift-linux-XXX folder and select Delete
Delete your application data by navigating and deleting the file located at /home/<your name>/.config/Shift
Read more about Privacy and Security in Shift here.
Get in touch with our support team here.