How do I uninstall the Shift App from my desktop?
We’ll be sad to see you go!
If you have any suggestions for us, please take a minute to fill out our brief survey.
If you're uninstalling because of a problem you are experiencing you can submit a support ticket here.
Shift supports Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. Please see below for a step-by-step guide to uninstall.
- Open Finder and navigate to Applications
- Drag and drop Shift into the trash or right-click and select move to trash
- Right-click trash and select Empty Trash
- Hold down the 'Option' button and choose the 'Go' menu item in Finder
- Delete the folder located at ~/Library/Application Support/Shift
- Open Settings and navigate to Apps & features
- Click on Shift
- Click on Uninstall
- Delete your application data by navigating and deleting the file located at C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Shift
- Open file manager
- Navigate to the directory containing the extracted shift-linux-XXX folder (where XXX is the release number)
- Right-click the extracted shift-linux-XXX folder and select Delete
- Delete your application data by navigating and deleting the file located at /home/<your name>/.config/Shift